222 世界不会流失,因为死亡并不是一个罅隙。 The world does not leak because death is not a crack.
223 生命因为付出了的爱而更为富足。 Life has become richer by the love that has been lost.
225 死之流泉,使生的止水跳跃。 The fountain of death makes the still water of life play.
242 我们的生命就似渡过一个大海,我们都相聚在这个狭小的舟中。 死时,我们便到了岸,各往各的世界去了。 This life is the crossing of a sea, where we meet in the same narrow ship. In death we reach the shore and go to our different worlds.
247 小花问道:“我要怎样地对你唱,怎样地崇拜你呢?太阳呀?” 太阳答道:“只要用你的纯洁的素朴的沉默。” "How may I sing to thee and worship, O Sun?" asked the little flower. "By the simple silence of thy purity," answered the sun.
265 我已经唱过了您的白天的歌。 在黄昏的时候,让我拿着您的灯走过风雨飘摇的道路吧。 I have sung the songs of thy day. In the evening let me carry thy lamp through the stormy path.
266 我不要求你进我的屋里。 你到我无量的孤寂里来吧,我的爱人! I do not ask thee into the house. Come into my infinite loneliness, my Lover.
267 死亡隶属于生命,正与生一样。 举足是走路,正如落足也是走路。 Death belongs to life as birth does. The walk is in the raising of the foot as in the laying of it down.
268 我已经学会在花与阳光里微语的意义。
--再教我明白你在苦与死中所说的话吧。 I have learnt the simple meaning of thy whispers in flowers and sunshine ---teach me to know thy words in pain and death.
277 当我死时,世界呀,请在你的沉默中,替我留着“我已经爱过了”这句话吧。 One word keep for me in thy silence, O World, when I am dead, "I have loved."
278 我们在热爱世界时便生活在这世界上。 We live in this world when we love it.
279 让死者有那不朽的名,但让生者有那不朽的爱。 Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
281 我将死了又死,以明白生是无穷无尽的。 I shall die again and again to know that life is inexhaustible.
287 爱的痛苦环绕着我的一生,象汹涌的大海似地唱;
而爱的快乐却象鸟儿们在话林里似地唱着。 Love's pain sang round my life like the unplumbed sea,
and love's joy sang like birds in its flowering groves.
288 假如您愿意,您就熄了灯吧。 我将明白您的黑暗,而且将喜爱它。 Put out the lamp when thou wishes. I shall know thy darkness and shall love it.
290 总有一天,我要在别的世界的晨光里对你唱道:
“我以前在地球的光里,在人的爱里,已经见过你了。” Some day I shall sing to thee in the sunrise of some other world, "I have seen thee before in the light of the earth, in the love of man."
301 您的阳光对着我的心头的冬天微笑,
从来不怀疑它的春天的花朵。 Thy sunshine smiles upon the winter days of my heart,
never doubting of its spring flowers.
302 神在他的爱里吻着“有涯”,而人却吻着“无涯”。 God kisses the finite in his love and man the infinite.
312 我们将有一天会明白,死永远不能够夺去我们的灵魂所获得的东西。 因为她所获得的,和她自己是一体。 We shall know some day that death can never rob us of that which our soul has gained,
for her gains are one with herself.
314 主呀,当我的生之琴弦都已调得谐和时,
你的手的一弹一奏,都可以发出 爱的乐声来。 When all the strings of my life will be tuned, my Master,
then at every touch of thine will come out the music of love.
315 让我真真实实地活着吧,我的上帝。这样,死对于我也就成了真实的了。 Let me live truly, my Lord, so that death to me become true.
322 我曾经受苦过,曾经失望过,曾经体会过“死亡”,于是我以我在这伟大的世界里为乐。 I have suffered and despaired and known death and I am glad that I am in this great world.
325 “我相信你的爱。”让这句话做我的遗言。 Let this be my last word, that I trust thy love.
|